Many hands have been involved in attaining diversity achievements in the Oregon Bar. On November 4, 2011 the Convocation will look at past accomplishments and strategize for continuing these efforts going forward. Incorporated into this year’s event will be the recognition of over 300 Oregon lawyers who have been part of the community’s efforts to advance diversity and inclusion in Oregon during the last 10 years.
Nominations for honorees were solicited from the community, and legal and non-legal organizations, such as law firms, non-profits, community organizations, groups, and individuals were invited to submit nominations. Those selected as honorees have demonstrated a commitment to advancing diversity and making our community an even better place to live and practice law. Examples of attorneys recognized include those who have:
- Provided mentoring opportunities focused on diversity
- Volunteered work or service on committees or groups focused on diversity
- Participated or contributed to events/activities focused on promoting diversity
- Worked to advance achievement and success of diverse lawyers and employees
- Established and followed “best practices” that foster diversity
- Supported legislation, causes, or organizations that advance diversity
- Litigated or pursued legal issues that promote diversity
- Volunteered with or served diverse populations
- Worked to build a diverse community and strengthen connections with the diverse community
The submission period is now closed. Please look for the names of the honorees at the Convocation on November 4!